Copyright © 2007 - 2017 All rights reserved
Need supplies for this course? Contact me to get your special discount code to buy from one of my favorite suppliers!
(you must be enrolled on one of the Sedona Aromatherapie courses to qualify)
Do you want to learn how to make aromatherapy perfumes with essential oils?
You don't need any prior knowledge of aromatherapy or natural perfumery to study this fun course on making your own aromatherapy perfumes with essential oils. This course is written as a professional aromatherapy tutorial for beginners and can be taken alone or as a natural follow-on course to the Sedona Aromatherapie Foundation Course in Aromatherapy. It is written with the knowledge and expertise of a certified professional aromatherapist with information on making aromatherapy perfumes with essential oils and the safe use of essential oils. The emphasis of this course is on making your own aromatherapy perfumes using essential oils as your core ingredient. It is a good starting point if you are interested in making natural perfumes but are unsure about a commitment to a course for full professional training in making natural perfumes.
Please note that this course does not cover extensive instruction in composing perfume accords; this is covered in more advanced botanical perfumery courses where other plant extracts and absolutes are used too. The Sedona Aromatherapie aromatherapy perfume making course concentrates on making natural perfumes with essential oils; the student is strongly encouraged to experiment in blending all sorts of essential oils to compose a suitable scent for their purpose. It is a great course for those who have no prior knowledge of aromatherapy and perfume making - and are more interested in scent blending with essential oils in comparison to therapeutic blending. Several students have taken this course as a starting point in their aromatherapy journey - and have then gone on to complete the Foundation Course in Aromatherapy!
What the Natural Perfumes with Essential Oils Course for Beginners Contains:
- a 100 page e-booklet style of study with 15 chapters, covering:
- an introduction, description and distinction between of each the basic components that go into making these particular perfume products
- an introduction to perfume in history including historic perfume blends
- an introduction to top, middle and base notes in perfumery
- 25 profiles of essential oils used in essential oil perfumes
- an introduction to 8 profiles of plants used for natural perfumery (for students interested in pursuing a botanical perfumery course after this course)
- blending for aromatherapy scent
- 17 aromatherapy perfume recipes for making four different types of aromatherapy perfume products
- step-by-step instructions for making four different types of products, including color photos for the more complex instructions
- a list of references and resources.
- at the end of each chapter, you will find 3 short questions to answer and assess your understanding of the chapter; submit your answers to me to receive a certificate of completion.
- This course is approved for 14 CE Hours with NCBTMB or can be applied towards ARC (Aromatherapy Registration Council) RA (registered aromatherapist) required renewal contact hours.
This course is written with the experience and knowledge that I have personally attained through my own aromatherapy studies (in the UK and France) and through over 7 years experience as a certified clinical aromatherapist in the United States.
Who Should Take This Course?
- anyone interested in making their own natural perfumes with essential oils either for pleasure or with the intent of further study in aromatherapy or botanical perfumery
- graduates of the Sedona Aromatherapie Foundation Course in Aromatherapy
- massage therapists looking to further their education in the use of aromatherapy products
- certified aromatherapists looking to further their education in the use of aromatherapy products.
The Natural Perfumes with Essential Oils Course for Beginners is available via distance learning study in the following options:
Option One - PDF format; the course is available by instant download upon successful payment.*
PLEASE NOTE: Download time may take several minutes; time will vary depending upon the speed of your connection. The download will only be available for 3 days after purchase so, once downloaded, save the file to your computer.
*available to customers in the United States, Canada, Japan, Mexico, Hong Kong, Singapore, New Zealand and Australia. For all other areas of the world, visit my Etsy shop.
Option Two - course is delivered by regular US mail (this is a simple print out on stock paper of the PDF file, held together by a binder and protective covering front and back; this option is great for those who are not computer friendly! Extra costs cover mailing, printing, and binding costs)
- price includes shipping! This is the price for the continental United States only; for all other areas of the world, including Alaska and Hawaii, please contact me before purchasing for a custom shipping quote. Shipping cost outside of the United States is based on the weight of the package.
“I like the step-by-step process in making perfumes.
The information is broken down for the beginner.”
... Inspire, Educate, Create
Author of Authentic Aromatherapy
Approved Provider for NAHA & NCBTMB
By Sharon Falsetto
A Beginner's Guide to Sedona Aromatherapie Home Study Aromatherapy Courses
to help you choose the right course for you!
Available from the e-books page.
Aromatherapy Tutorial for Beginners:
Natural Perfumes with Essential Oils Course